Residence Counselor in Supportive Housing
Position: Residence Counselor in Supportive Housing
Reports To: Supportive Housing Assistant Coordinator & Residence Director
Fountain House successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. We were founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
- Ensure members are medication compliant and assist them with developing stronger medication management skills (verify that all medication bottles are current and ensure members are attending all medical and psychiatric appointments).
- Engage and work alongside members in the residence or apartment to perform necessary tasks for the upkeep of the residence and the well‑being of members.
- Assist members with all aspects of community support services and case management work (including housing and entitlements, clinical linkage and follow-up, etc.).
- Establish and update goals and record progress of members, with members.
- Prepare and submit paperwork (including service plans, progress notes, plan reviews, etc.), in a consistent and timely manner.
- BA/ BS required, particularly in a relevant human services field
- Driver’s license required
- Working knowledge of mental illness, including previous relevant paid employment
- Positive, energetic, dynamic and engaging personality
- Flexibility, as demonstrated by interchangeability with other staff in the residence, staying late or arriving early, if necessary to fulfill residence or member needs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team approach
- Paid Time Off and Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Medical, dental and vision plans (contribution towards premium required)
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Disability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Tuition Assistance
- Pension Plan
- Tax Deferred Annuity
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Additional Application InstructionsTo apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to 646-395-7391. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO
Sign up for Job Alerts
Administrative SupervisorSheltering Arms Children and Family ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 22
YOUTH SPECIALISTSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-HollisMar 21
PARENT ADVOCATESCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
CASE WORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Nassau-Sea CliffMar 21
FOSTER CARE CASEWORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
More from Fountain House, Inc.
Residence Staff WorkerFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Social Worker-Program Staff-Welcome CenterFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Social Worker-Program Staff-Horticulture UnitFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
P/T Payroll Accounting StaffFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Multiple OpportunitiesJCCANew York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Psychiatric Nurse PractitionerServices for the UnderServedNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 21
Purchasing and Procurement CoordinatorComunilifeNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 28
Director of Residential Program ServicesUnited Cerebral Palsy of New York CityStaten Island, NY, United StatesFeb 24
DirectorThe Jewish BoardBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 03