Residence Staff Worker
Position:Residence Staff Worker
Reports To: Residence Director
Serious mental illness affects over thirty million people in the United States each year. The stigma, rejection, and isolation that accompany these conditions prevent people from forming the relationships they need to grow socially and emotionally. Fountain House reduces the devastating social impact of mental illness. Every day hundreds of members choose to come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities, and forge friendships. Our innovative working community is both our method and our outcome. As partners, members and staff operate successful employment, education, wellness, and housing programs and perform all the functions that keep our community going, such as advocacy, communications, food preparation, and administrative support. Our activities and programs are designed to provide opportunities and, at the same time, produce the desire and confidence to pursue them. Working together, we create a culture that transforms lives. Members experience a reduced sense of isolation and increased fulfillment, purpose, and stability – vital steps toward mental health.
- Engage and work alongside members in the residence or apartment to perform necessary tasks for the upkeep of the residence and the well‑being of members.
- Assist members with all aspects of community support services and case management work (including housing and entitlements, clinical linkage and follow-up, etc.).
- Establish and update goals and record progress of members, with members.
- Prepare and submit paperwork (including service plans, progress notes, plan reviews, etc.), in a consistent and timely manner.
- BA/ BS required, particularly in a relevant human services field.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS.
- VETERANS & MALES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Must be flexible and able to work any residential shift, including evening and weekend, as needed.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred.
- Working knowledge of mental illness, including previous relevant paid employment
- Positive, energetic, dynamic and engaging personality
- Flexibility, as demonstrated by interactions with other staff; staying late or arriving early, as necessary, to fulfill residence or member needs.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team approach
Salary: $27K - $30K
Additional Application InstructionsTo apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to 646-395-7391. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO
Sign up for Job Alerts
Administrative SupervisorSheltering Arms Children and Family ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 22
YOUTH SPECIALISTSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-HollisMar 21
PARENT ADVOCATESCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
CASE WORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Nassau-Sea CliffMar 21
FOSTER CARE CASEWORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
More from Fountain House, Inc.
Residence Counselor in Supportive HousingFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Social Worker-Program Staff-Welcome CenterFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Social Worker-Program Staff-Horticulture UnitFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
P/T Payroll Accounting StaffFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Social Worker SupervisorThe Jewish BoardBronx, New York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Licensed Social Worker - Bilingual (LMSW, LCSW)The Jewish BoardBronx, New York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Director of Residential Program ServicesUnited Cerebral Palsy of New York CityStaten Island, NY, United StatesFeb 24
Director, Clinical ServicesGraham WindhamNew York, NY, United StatesMar 10
Psychiatric Nurse PractitionerServices for the UnderServedNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 21