Social Worker-Program Staff-Welcome Center
Position: Social Worker - Program Staff – Welcome Center
Reports To: Unit Leader
Fountain House successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. We were founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
- Work alongside members on tasks of the unit, which include, but is not limited to the intake of new members.
- Build community within the membership.
- Facilitate and implement team projects.
- Assist members with case management/community support services.
- Prepare and submit written reports in a consistent and timely manner.
- Actively participate in the maintenance of the unit and Fountain House in general.
- Co-Manage transitional employment positions.
- Facilitate unit meetings.
- Masters’ degree required.
- Working knowledge of mental illness preferred.
- Communication, writing, computer and interpersonal skills required.
- Positive, energetic, dynamic and engaging personality.
- Flexibility, as demonstrated by interactions with other staff on the unit; staying late or arriving early, as necessary, to fulfill unit or member needs.
- Comfortable with technology; such as, experience working with tablets, computers and cell phones.
- Ability to work effectively with a team approach.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Knowledge/Certification in ASL is a plus.
Salary: $42K - $45K
- Paid Time Off and Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Medical, dental and vision plans (contribution towards premium required)
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Disability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Tuition Assistance
- Pension Plan
- Tax Deferred Annuity
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Additional Application InstructionsTo apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to FHwelcomecenter@yahoo.com, or fax to 646-395-7391. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO
Sign up for Job Alerts
Administrative SupervisorSheltering Arms Children and Family ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 22
YOUTH SPECIALISTSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-HollisMar 21
PARENT ADVOCATESCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
CASE WORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Nassau-Sea CliffMar 21
FOSTER CARE CASEWORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
More from Fountain House, Inc.
Residence Counselor in Supportive HousingFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Residence Staff WorkerFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Social Worker-Program Staff-Horticulture UnitFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
P/T Payroll Accounting StaffFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Social Worker SupervisorThe Jewish BoardBronx, New York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Licensed Social Worker - Bilingual (LMSW, LCSW)The Jewish BoardBronx, New York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Program DirectorThe Jewish BoardBrooklyn, New York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Social Services Supervisors—CAMBA Homeless SheltersCAMBANew York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Director of Residential Program ServicesUnited Cerebral Palsy of New York CityStaten Island, NY, United StatesFeb 24