P/T Payroll Accounting Staff
Position: P/T Payroll Accounting Staff
Reports To: Controller
Fountain House successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. We were founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
- At least 3 years’ experience with ADP payroll processing with report writer.
- ADP WorkForce and Pay Expert experience preferred.
- Understanding of various state income tax withholdings, cafeteria plans and general accounting. Full understanding of filing requirements of W2s, 1099’s, quarterly tax filings, and labor law requirements.
- Monthly accounting duties to include accounts payable, rent schedules, monthly account reconciliation and bank reconciliations.
- BA in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be able to work 25 hours per week.
- Accuracy and ability to multi-task in projects.
- Professional attitude and ability to deal with sensitive matters with diligence and respect towards fellow staff and members.
- Flexibility to stay late or arrive early, if necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Team approach.
Salary: $28.00 per hour
- Paid Time Off and Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Medical, dental and vision plans (contribution towards premium required)
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Disability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Tuition Assistance
- Pension Plan
- Tax Deferred Annuity
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Additional Application InstructionsTo apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to FHaccounting@yahoo.com, or fax to 646-395-7391. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO
Sign up for Job Alerts
Administrative SupervisorSheltering Arms Children and Family ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 22
YOUTH SPECIALISTSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-HollisMar 21
PARENT ADVOCATESCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
CASE WORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Nassau-Sea CliffMar 21
FOSTER CARE CASEWORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
More from Fountain House, Inc.
Residence Counselor in Supportive HousingFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Residence Staff WorkerFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Social Worker-Program Staff-Welcome CenterFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Social Worker-Program Staff-Horticulture UnitFountain House, Inc.New York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Program DirectorThe Jewish BoardBrooklyn, New York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Budget AnalystThe Jewish BoardNew York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Social Worker SupervisorThe Jewish BoardBronx, New York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Director of Residential Program ServicesUnited Cerebral Palsy of New York CityStaten Island, NY, United StatesFeb 24
Psychiatric Nurse PractitionerServices for the UnderServedNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 21