Case Management Supervisor
Lantern Community Services provides innovative social services to over 1,500 people living in our 14 supportive housing residences across New York City. Twenty years ago, we pioneered supportive housing for people living with HIV/AIDS, and we continue lead our field as one of the City’s largest providers for youth aging out of foster care. When you join Lantern, you join an organization at the vanguard of using evidence-based practices in supportive housing. Our evidence-based model prioritizes high quality staff training delivered by experts, and ongoing monitoring and support to ensure programs are properly implemented and deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients. Our many programs address our clients’ diverse needs – health, employment, education, nutrition, fitness, and the arts – and champion the independence and well-being of New Yorkers who are impacted by homelessness.
Location and Work Schedule:
This is a full-time position at Clover Hall, located in Brooklyn, which requires a flexible schedule.
The Case Management Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision of the case management team and also provides specialty group and individual counseling as assigned. We are seeking a dynamic, engaging, Case Management Supervisor who has experience working with a chronically homeless, mentally ill, single adults (between the ages of 25 and 65) population, impacted by physical health and wellness issues, substance abuse and legal and medical issues, in a supportive housing environment. Strong clinical knowledge and supervisory experience is required. Additionally, the Case Management Supervisor will be passionate about working with single adults; a proactive and creative problem solver; and a demonstrated leader in promoting the growth of social services staff onsite. The Case Management Supervisor works closely with the Program Director and the interdisciplinary team to build and maintain a safe program culture that emphasizes respect for all community members and ensures all clients progress forward in their goals. The Case Management Supervisor reports to the Program Director. This position is exempt.
- Provides clinical supervision to the case management staff;
- Collaborates with other staff, providers and caregivers to coordinate services for each client;
- Reviews and signs-off on documentation completed by the case management team, and monitors the appropriateness of the standards of care;
- Conducts internal chart reviews;
- Links clients to services provided by other community based organizations;
- Enters progress notes into electronic case records following all meetings and collaborations concerning clients;
- Assists in financial planning and budgeting to ensure that clients are able to meet their financial needs and do meet their rental obligations;
- Completes required monthly reports as assigned by the Program Director;
- Assists the Program Director with hiring and training of new staff;
- Actively participates in staff meetings, clinical treatment meetings, community meetings with clients and trainings;
- Ensures all staff attend trainings to address clinical and programmatic needs and have the appropriate training;
- Knowledge and familiarity working in a harm reduction model with individuals actively struggling with ongoing substance use issues.
- Strong clinical and excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively as part of a team and have the ability to make sound assessments of tenants’ strengths and needs.
- Experience working with evidence based models, specifically Motivational Interviewing preferred.
- Provides crisis intervention as necessary; and
- Performs other job-related functions, as assigned.
- Participates in assessment interviews with prospective clients of the housing program and assesses clients’ ability to reside safely at Clover Hall;
- Conducts group and individual counseling sessions;
The Case Management Supervisor position requires a Master’s Degree; a LMSW, LCSW or LMHC is also required. Strong clinical knowledge and supervisory experience is required. A minimum of 3 years of experience providing direct service to one or more of the following populations is required: people living with HIV/AIDS, formerly homeless and chronically homeless people and families, young adults aged out of foster care, people with mental illness or people in recovery from addiction.
Additional Application InstructionsTo Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Note: Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for Lantern Community Services to perform a criminal background check. Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Lantern Community Services (Lantern) values the diversity of all our clients, staff, Board of Directors, and partners. By bringing diverse individuals and viewpoints together, we create more vibrant, healthy and just communities. Lantern welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and experiences regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, political belief, religion, immigration status, veteran status, class, creed, and mental or physical disability.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Administrative SupervisorSheltering Arms Children and Family ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 22
YOUTH SPECIALISTSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-HollisMar 21
PARENT ADVOCATESCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
CASE WORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Nassau-Sea CliffMar 21
FOSTER CARE CASEWORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
More from Lantern Community Services
Senior Associate, Communications and Special ProjectsLantern Community ServicesNew York, NY, United StatesMar 06
Case Management SupervisorLantern Community ServicesNew York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Social WorkerLantern Community ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 01
Social Worker SupervisorThe Jewish BoardBronx, New York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Social Services Supervisors—CAMBA Homeless SheltersCAMBANew York, NY, United StatesMar 03
DirectorThe Jewish BoardBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 03
Bail AssociateThe Liberty FundNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Director, Clinical ServicesGraham WindhamNew York, NY, United StatesMar 10