Early Childhood Educational Director
Sheltering Arms' largest day care, the Harriet Tubman Early Childhood Education Center in the South Bronx is a state of the art facility that boasts features such as a gym, auditorium, and advanced learning technology in every classroom. The Morris Early Childhood Education Center inspires hope, encourages curiosity and learning for 150 children, ages 2-4 years old. Serving working families in the community, this center meets a growing need for high quality, affordable early education, and adds to our widely reputed Early Childhood program. Our dedicated educators guide children through hands-on learning activities and a constantly growing set of innovations, such as mental health support and exposure to the arts. Our model is informed by New York’s Common Core learning standards and the Creative Curriculum, ensuring that children gain the early literacy, math, and cognitive skills they will need to succeed in Kindergarten and beyond.
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking an Educational Director for our Harriet Tubman Early Childhood Education Center to oversee the day to day management of the day care, including responsibility for overall administration and staff supervision; coordination and of all program components, including the intellectual growth of the children; providing preventative health and social services, nutrition, staff development, and community outreach; promoting parent involvement in program operation; and fiscal management. This is a full time position in the South Bronx; comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, vision, prescription, and pension plan.
- Overseeing the overall functionality of the center, including financial management; Developing/maintaining quality standards of education and nurturing of the children; ensuring the program meets the emotional, physical, intellectual and social needs of the individual the child/ren
- Ensuring that staff records the behavior and progress of each child and providing program planning and referrals
- Assisting staff in all areas of professional growth and development through regularly scheduled individual conferences, group and staff meetings and frequent observations and discussions of teachers’ performances; Ensuring good continuing relations between the Center and the parents, through informal contacts, planned conferences and discussion of their child/ren’s progress
- Facilitating the election, establishment and continuation of a Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) and of Policy Counsel (For Early Head Start); assisting in creating a mechanism for regular communication between the Board and PAC; and interpreting Board policies and programs pertinent to parents’ relationship with the day care center
- Maintaining community relations, including familiarity with community resources; engaging in outreach and networking regarding agency services; and developing/maintaining ongoing productive communication with the community, stakeholders, parents, and internal professionals
- Assisting Human Resources in all areas of hiring and recruitment
- Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education, with NYS Teacher Certification in Early Childhood Education (Birth-Grade 2)
- 1-2 years of prior management experience, plus 2 years of experience working in a group setting with children
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment, without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status in all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Additional Application InstructionsTo apply please click on the link:
Sign up for Job Alerts
Administrative SupervisorSheltering Arms Children and Family ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 22
YOUTH SPECIALISTSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-HollisMar 21
PARENT ADVOCATESCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
CASE WORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Nassau-Sea CliffMar 21
FOSTER CARE CASEWORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
DirectorThe Jewish BoardBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 03
Executive DirectorChild Welfare Organizing ProjectNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 28
Program DirectorThe Jewish BoardBrooklyn, New York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Director of Quality AssuranceBirch Family ServicesNew York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Director, Clinical ServicesGraham WindhamNew York, NY, United StatesMar 10