Director of Behavioral Health Services
The Behavioral Health Center @ Northeast is licensed by the NYS Office of Mental Health to provide out-patient mental health treatment services to youth, their families and caregivers who need help managing children’s emotional and behavioral challenges. Youth who are 21 years of age or younger and who are experiencing social, emotional, family, or mental health related challenges are eligible for services. The Behavioral Health Center @ Northeast is specialized in providing trauma-informed care, including treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder.
We are searching for a Director of our Behavioral Health Center in Schenectady. The home office for this position is 530 Franklin St Schenectady, NY and the primary responsibility is to develop, shape, and oversee the staff and services offered so that it may best advance the agency’s mission, strategic plan and is in line with the agency’s core values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Function within Agency’s policies & procedures as outlined in employee, practice, and fiscal manuals.
2. Chair and/or attend regular and announced meetings pertinent to the position.
3. Participate on intra-, inter-, community-based, Coalition/advocacy, and governmental agency committees as the position may require.
4. Establish and maintain productive and positive working relationships and communication with peers, Agency staff, and representatives of external organizations and individuals.
5. Assure culturally sensitive practice in all areas of professional performance.
6. Identify, review, and discuss in regularly scheduled supervision and performance evaluation process the knowledge, skills, and tools needed in order to succeed in the assigned job.
7. Assure all annual compliance requirements for staff are met according to schedule, including training and performance evaluation.
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology or a related field.
- Professional certification or licensure required.
- LCSW-R Preferred
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Northern Rivers Family of Services will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Administrative SupervisorSheltering Arms Children and Family ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 22
YOUTH SPECIALISTSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-HollisMar 21
PARENT ADVOCATESCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
CASE WORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Nassau-Sea CliffMar 21
FOSTER CARE CASEWORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
Director of Residential Program ServicesUnited Cerebral Palsy of New York CityStaten Island, NY, United StatesFeb 24
Director of Quality AssuranceBirch Family ServicesNew York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Director of Major GiftsCitymeals on WheelsNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 21
Director, Clinical ServicesGraham WindhamNew York, NY, United StatesMar 10
DirectorThe Jewish BoardBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 03