Director of NAC’s Regional Permanency Center
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is seeking a Director with strong programmatic and administrative skills to design and implement its new Regional Permanency Center. This Center will deliver a range of interventions that are designed to prevent post adoptive/post guardianship dissolutions/disruptions; provide assistance to families so that children can be cared for in their own homes with their adoptive parents or legal guardians; and strengthen post adoptive/post guardianship families with the goal of avoiding foster care or other out-of-home placements.
The candidate for this position will be responsible for:
- Designing outreachand recruitment activities to publicize the Regional Permanency Center;
- Developing collaborative partnerships and referral agreements withLDSS entities and community based agencies;
- Developing staff recruitment strategies; provision of staff supervision; implementation of an interdisciplinary case review system;
- Ensuring that services and interventions are informed by family-centered, strength- based, culturally competent and trauma-informed services that successfully engages post adoptive and post guardianship families;
- Ensuring that the Center delivers core service components that achieve improved outcomes for adoptive and guardianship families and; support family resilience and permanency.
- Integrating this program into the larger NAC organization.
- Producing quarterly program reports to OCFS; interfacing with OCFS Program Managers.
Qualifications: LMSW/LCSW (preferred) with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in child-welfare, mental health or a family service agency. Candidates must be knowledgeable about the unique needs of post-adoption/ post guardianship families, and must be committed to family resilience and preservation. Candidates must have some knowledge of disability, chronic illness and mental health issues. Creativity, innovative thinking and program development skills are a plus.
SALARY:Highly competitive salary commensurate with background and experience.
Additional Application InstructionsWhen applying, indicate “Director of NAC’s Regional Permanency Center” in the subject line, and submit cover letter and resume to: Mary Ann Code Human Resources Department New Alternatives for Children, Inc. 37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor New York, NY 10010 Fax: 212-545-7375
Sign up for Job Alerts
Social WorkerLantern Community ServicesNew York, NY, United StatesApr 28
Development and Communications AssociateMercy HomeBrooklyn, NY, United StatesApr 28
Licensed Social Worker (LMSW/LCSW)CAMBANew York, NY, United StatesApr 28
MSW CaseworkerMercyFirstSyosset, NY, United StatesApr 28
Care ManagerMercyFirstSyossetApr 28
Director of Compliance and Quality ImprovementADAPT Community NetworkNew York, NY, United StatesApr 14
Director of Development and Public RelationsAstor Services for Children & FamiliesBronx, NY, United StatesApr 21
Clinical DirectorThe Children's VillageStaten Island, NY, United StatesApr 24
Bilingual Case PlannerSCO Family of ServicesNew York, NY, United StatesApr 24
Senior Program Development SpecialistChild Care Council of SuffolkCommack, NY, United StatesApr 21