Case Management Supervisor
Lantern Community Services’ (Lantern’s) mission is to champion the independence and well-being of New Yorkers who are impacted by or threatened with homelessness. Lantern provides innovative services to help New Yorkers who are formerly homeless or have recently aged out of foster care recreate their lives. Our programs with proven results in health, employment, education and life skills are delivered inside our residences and tailored to each person’s needs. We provide our clients—many of whom live with mental illness, addiction, disability, HIV or other chronic illnesses—with the tools they need to integrate successfully into the greater community with dignity and independence.
Location and Work Schedule:
This is a full-time position located in the Bronx, which requires one late shift on a weeknight and possibly one shift a month on a Saturday or Sunday.
The Case Management Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision of the case management team and also provides individual counseling as assigned. We are seeking a dynamic, engaging Case Management Supervisor to work with young adults (18 – 26 years old) in supportive housing and assist them in stabilizing their lives and attaining their work, health, social, and community living goals. The ideal candidate will have solid clinical knowledge as well as experience working with families and/or young adults impacted by mental illness, substance abuse, foster care and homelessness and supervisory experience. Additionally, the Case Management Supervisor will be a proactive and creative problem solver; and a demonstrated leader in promoting the growth of social services staff onsite. The Case Management Supervisor works closely with the Program Director and the interdisciplinary team to build and maintain a safe program culture that emphasizes respect for all community members and ensures all clients progress forward in their goals. The Case Management Supervisor reports to the Program Director. This position is exempt.
- Provides clinical supervision to the case management staff while balancing a small caseload;
- Collaborates with other staff, providers and caregivers to coordinate services for each client;
- Reviews and signs-off on documentation completed by the case management team, and monitors the appropriateness of the standards of care;
- Conducts internal chart reviews;
- Links clients to services provided by other community based organizations;
- Enters progress notes into electronic case records following all meetings and collaborations concerning clients;
- Assists in financial planning and budgeting to ensure that clients are able to meet their financial needs and do meet their rental obligations;
- Completes required monthly reports as assigned by the Program Director;
- Assists the Program Director with hiring and training of new staff;
- Actively participates in staff meetings, clinical treatment meetings, community meetings with clients and trainings;
- Ensures all staff attend trainings to address clinical and programmatic needs and have the appropriate training;
- Knowledge and comfortability working in a harm reduction model with individuals actively struggling with ongoing substance use issues;
- Must possess strong clinical and excellent interpersonal skills; be able to work effectively as part of a team and have the ability to make sound assessments of tenants’ strengths and needs;
- Experience working with evidence based models, specifically Motivational Interviewing and Illness Management and Recovery preferred;
- Provides crisis intervention as necessary;
- Performs other job-related functions, as assigned.
- Participates in assessment interviews with prospective clients of the housing program and assesses clients’ ability to reside safely at the residence;
- Conducts group and individual counseling sessions;
- The Case Management Supervisor position requires a Master’s Degree; an LMSW, LCSW or LMHC is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience providing direct service to one or more of the following populations is required: formerly homeless and chronically homeless people and families, young adults aged out of foster care, people with mental illness or people in recovery from addiction.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Strong history of effective engagement with clients and ability to highlight positive outcomes.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, multi-task and effectively handle serious and crisis oriented situations.
- Dedication to positive outcomes through proactive, creative and respectful work with diverse and vulnerable populations.
- Ability to work flexible hours periodically due to program and/or client needs.
- Must possess strong clinical and excellent interpersonal skills; be able to work effectively as part of a team and have the ability to make sound assessments of tenants’ strengths and needs.
Additional Application InstructionsTo Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Note: Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for Lantern Community Services to perform a criminal background check. Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Lantern Community Services (Lantern) values the diversity of all our clients, staff, Board of Directors, and partners. By bringing diverse individuals and viewpoints together, we create more vibrant, healthy and just communities. Lantern welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and experiences regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, political belief, religion, immigration status, veteran status, class, creed, and mental or physical disability.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Administrative SupervisorSheltering Arms Children and Family ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 22
YOUTH SPECIALISTSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-HollisMar 21
PARENT ADVOCATESCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
CASE WORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Nassau-Sea CliffMar 21
FOSTER CARE CASEWORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
More from Lantern Community Services
Case Management SupervisorLantern Community ServicesNew York, NY, United StatesMar 09
Senior Associate, Communications and Special ProjectsLantern Community ServicesNew York, NY, United StatesMar 06
Social WorkerLantern Community ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 01
Social Worker SupervisorThe Jewish BoardBronx, New York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Social Services Supervisors—CAMBA Homeless SheltersCAMBANew York, NY, United StatesMar 03
DirectorThe Jewish BoardBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 03
Bail AssociateThe Liberty FundNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Director, Clinical ServicesGraham WindhamNew York, NY, United StatesMar 10