Executive Director Position
The Advanced Health Network (AHN) is an Independent Practice Association (IPA), located in Suffolk County, NY, that is comprised of twenty of the leading behavioral healthcare providers in the Long Island and New York City metropolitan area. AHN works to develop innovative and forward-thinking models of care that are designed to reduce healthcare costs and improve outcomes. We are currently seeking a FT Executive Director to head this dynamic nonprofit.
Reporting to the AHN President and the Board of Directors (Principals), the Executive Director provides management oversight and administration for all AHN’s activities in support of our mission to be a leader in the delivery of clinically integrated healthcare and social supports.
- Coordinate AHN’s activities in regard to pursuing business opportunities with health plans, hospitals, DSRIP PPSs, and other payers, including marketing, business development, coordinating meetings, and organizing and presenting data.
- Develop and manage AHN’s network to meet the expectations of payers for network adequacy.
- Continually review and ensure the necessary IT infrastructure for the organization.
- Assist AHN Principals in contract negotiations with payers, network providers and vendors.
- Monitor contract performance, and preparing reports for internal and external use.
- Assist AHN’s Principals in meeting expectations of payers and, where needed, network providers in interpreting and meeting these expectations.
- Develop solid communication relationships with key individuals at the New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH), OMH, and OASAS.
- Coordinate all activities with AHN IPA external consultants and AHN Counsel to achieve the most cost-effective outcomes for the value derived.
- Coordinate communications and interactions with other Service Sector IPAs in New York City, Long Island, and the Hudson Valley.
- Facilitate discussions and problem solve among the constituent groups comprising AHN, and those with whom AHN contracts.
- Keep updated on changes occurring in regards to Medicaid Redesign, Health Homes, DSRIP, HARP, HCBS and Value Based Payment. Disseminate critical knowledge to AHN Principals and Network Providers as needed.
- Collaborate with statewide associations and other IPA’s in advocacy efforts regarding Medicaid Redesign, the development of innovative services, and Value Based Payment. Meet with representatives from OMH, OASAS, DOH, LIFO and County Mental Health as needed.
- Work with AHN Treasurer (Accounting) regarding AHN budget and financials.
- Seek and obtain grants, and implement grant-related projects.
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Health Care Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience in a complex organization dealing with healthcare and/or managed care products.
- Demonstrated experience working with government agencies, service providers and consumers.
- Well organized, with the ability to manage multiple assignments and responsibilities at once.
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Travel is required.
- Qualified applicants, please send resume to:
Sign up for Job Alerts
Administrative SupervisorSheltering Arms Children and Family ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 22
YOUTH SPECIALISTSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-HollisMar 21
PARENT ADVOCATESCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
CASE WORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Nassau-Sea CliffMar 21
FOSTER CARE CASEWORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
Executive DirectorChild Welfare Organizing ProjectNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 28
DirectorThe Jewish BoardBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 03
Program DirectorThe Jewish BoardBrooklyn, New York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Director of Quality AssuranceBirch Family ServicesNew York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Director, Clinical ServicesGraham WindhamNew York, NY, United StatesMar 10