Family Services Specialist
Reports to:Manager, Family Services
Status:Full Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Location:Long Island City
Days/Hours:Monday through Friday.2 days a week 12pm to 8pm; Friday and 2 other days 9am to 5pm, subject to change depending on program needs
Date Prepared:November 22, 2016
Responsible for engaging fathers in the program though case management; by encouraging them to participate in their children lives by providing both emotional and financial support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual counseling sessions;
- Manage a caseload of 30 + clients;
- Facilitate pre-existing curriculum based groups as well as develop new curriculum based on the needs of our clients;
- Develop internal and external referral sources;
- Maintain accurate records and documentation in computer program;
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans with clients;
- Compile statistical information for reporting purposes; and
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Licensed Master’s degree in Social Work preferred, or a Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of related experience;
- Counseling and Group facilitation experience, along with experience writing case management notes and treatment plans required;
- Experience working with families;
- Experience working with a criminal justice involved population;
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office and entering client data into a database;
- Ability to develop curriculum;
- Abilityto work with a team;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus; and
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission.Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements:May require travel to our Harlem location.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Administrative SupervisorSheltering Arms Children and Family ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 22
YOUTH SPECIALISTSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-HollisMar 21
PARENT ADVOCATESCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
CASE WORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Nassau-Sea CliffMar 21
FOSTER CARE CASEWORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
Director of Quality AssuranceBirch Family ServicesNew York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Director, Clinical ServicesGraham WindhamNew York, NY, United StatesMar 10
Director of Residential Program ServicesUnited Cerebral Palsy of New York CityStaten Island, NY, United StatesFeb 24
Social Services Supervisors—CAMBA Homeless SheltersCAMBANew York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Psychiatric Nurse PractitionerServices for the UnderServedNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 21