New York Professional Advisors for Community Entrepreneurs (“NYPACE”) is a non-profit organization that offers pro-bono advisory and consulting services to local entrepreneurs and small business owners from under-resourced communities in the New York City area. Founded in 2001, the organization has assisted over 100 small businesses by providing a unique opportunity for both entrepreneurs who aspire to grow their businesses and for the volunteer advisors from leading professional firms in finance, marketing, IT, law and consulting who seek to make a positive contribution to the local community.
In New York State metro areas, where new businesses have about a 30% chance of closing in the first year of operation, NYPACE is a valuable resource to entrepreneurs who seek advice in the areas of financial planning and budgeting, accounting, marketing and communications. By connecting entrepreneurs with project teams comprised of volunteer advisors from New York City’s top professional firms, NYPACE helps increase their chances of success, which in turn benefits communities by creating more jobs, future investment and overall prosperity.
NYPACE is seeking a high-energy, dynamic and entrepreneurial leader to help take this small, fast-growing organization to the next level. The Executive Director will set strategy and provide oversight for all aspects of the organization including volunteer recruitment, program management, community partner relationships, team development, fundraising, marketing and administration. The Executive Director will collaborate with NYPACE’s active board of 11 members with backgrounds from various business disciplines.
The Executive Director must be highly intelligent and a self-starter who shares the Board’s commitment to the organization’s core mission. He or she should have a proven ability to foster the growth of an organization, demonstrate significant accomplishments and past successes, be hands-on, a strategic thinker, planner and problem solver, and be comfortable driving change. Excellent communication and negotiation skills are critical. The Executive Director must be able to work closely with the Board to promote an open, inclusive environment that emphasizes cooperation and teamwork. In addition, he or she will be diplomatic, analytical, of the highest integrity, and possess sound judgment.
• Work closely with other NYPACE staff members, volunteer leadership committee members, volunteer advisors, board members and community partners to execute on the mission of the organization
• Implement scalable business processes and program management tools
• Work with staff to mentor and develop a dedicated team
• Build and maintain a strong partnership with the Board to develop short- and long-term goals; achieve consensus and set clear and actionable priorities around key strategic initiatives
• Provide access to business relationships critical for fundraising and volunteer recruitment
• Establish strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders; identify opportunities to advance the organization’s programs and strategy
• Drive organization-wide results via inspirational leadership, effective management, and well-defined objectives
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university; graduate degree in non-profit management/social services a plus
• 10+ years of work experience with a minimum of 5 years in the non-profit sector in a senior level position
• Proven ability to develop project-based programs with tangible and measurable impact
• Passion for community development through small business and economic growth
• Experience developing and executing fundraising and marketing strategies in a non-profit setting
• Ideal candidates will have exposure to both small (20 or fewer employees) and larger non-profits
• Technology and social media savvy including strong MS office, database and communication skills
• Track record of building and managing teams
• Relationships within the NYC small business community (NYC Department of Small Business, micro-lenders, community development organizations) are a plus
Compensation and benefits are competitive.
For more information about NYPACE, please visit their website at www.nypace.org
Additional Application InstructionsTo Apply: NYPACE has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to: Dr. Jane Herzog Director, Educational Leadership Harris Rand Lusk 122 East 42nd Street, Suite 3605 New York, NY 10168 email@example.com Please put “NYPACE ED” in the subject line of your emailed application
Sign up for Job Alerts
Administrative SupervisorSheltering Arms Children and Family ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 22
YOUTH SPECIALISTSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-HollisMar 21
PARENT ADVOCATESCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
CASE WORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Nassau-Sea CliffMar 21
FOSTER CARE CASEWORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
Executive DirectorChild Welfare Organizing ProjectNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 28
DirectorThe Jewish BoardBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 03
Program DirectorThe Jewish BoardBrooklyn, New York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Director of Quality AssuranceBirch Family ServicesNew York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Director, Clinical ServicesGraham WindhamNew York, NY, United StatesMar 10