Housing Development Project Manager
Position: Housing Development Project Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Work Location: 285 Schermerhorn
Hours: ☒ Full Time ☐ Part Time ☐ Hourly
The position of Housing Development Project Manager is a critical, visible position requiring experience in residential property development. The Project Manager will manage the start-up and transition phases of single adult affordable housing projects and will work with BCS development partners to create new construction affordable housing. The Project Manager will complete funding applications and proposals for capital, design and operational funding. He/she will be responsible for due diligence and compliance for all new housing investment, liaising with relevant governmental and financial agencies. The Project Manager will oversee day-to-day administration, to successfully complete projects under construction, as well as start-up and transition of supportive housing developments to deliver successful, fully operational affordable housing.
- Research and identify viable funding sources to support project development and completion.
- Manage preparation and submittal of complete funding applications and grant proposals, including organizing and assembling reports, attachments, graphics, budgets, narratives, letters, certifications, and other documentation, as needed.
- Manage RFPs, selection and negotiations related to lender and equity investments.
- Provide leadership as a member of executive project team in negotiations with lenders, investors, and grantors while incorporating reviews and approvals from multiple departments within the organization.
- Act as agency liaison with governmental entities for development projects (e.g., HPD, DHCR, HUD).
- Assist in evaluating and hiring a team of qualified, quality architects, general contractors and other project consultants for each project.
- Ensure compliance with development schedule.
- Navigate project through public approval processes, Initiate and lead in community outreach and engagement work, including making presentations to community groups, the City Planning Commission, City Council, and various committees and review agencies.
- Oversee scheduling and coordination of marketing and lease up of properties.
- Ensure successful close out of funding and investor requirements.
- Manage transition of completed projects through development phase to operations.
- Manage post-construction capital needs assessment and coordinate with property management team.
- Maintain historical data on completed developments for cost records.
- Maintain relevant knowledge of housing programs, new materials, changes in building code, processes, environmentally friendly advances and methods of construction.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Qualifications: BA or BS in a field such as construction management, architecture, engineering, planning and/or business management plus 5 years commensurate experience, or Master’s in related field with 3 years experience. Three to five years of progressive development and construction management experience, including at least two years in a lead capacity.
Email cover letter and resume to:
In subject line write: Housing Project Manager
Sign up for Job Alerts
Administrative SupervisorSheltering Arms Children and Family ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 22
YOUTH SPECIALISTSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-HollisMar 21
PARENT ADVOCATESCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
CASE WORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Nassau-Sea CliffMar 21
FOSTER CARE CASEWORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
Executive DirectorChild Welfare Organizing ProjectNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 28
DirectorThe Jewish BoardBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 03
Social Services Supervisors—CAMBA Homeless SheltersCAMBANew York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Budget AnalystThe Jewish BoardNew York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Psychiatric Nurse PractitionerServices for the UnderServedNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 21