Bilingual Prevention Social Work Supervisor
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning health and social services agency in NYC with 30 years of experience serving children with special medical needs and their families. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a supervisory position in the agency’s Preventive Services at our new Bronx satellite office located at 1775 Grand Concourse.
- Provide clinical and casework supervision for 4-5 MSW social workers.
- Accompany social workers into the field for intakes and other visits as needed.
- Participate in Planning, Elevated Risk, and Child Safety Conferences as needed.
- Completion of supervisory documentation including monthly case review notes and professional development logs in accordance with ACS guidelines.
- Complete staff evaluations in accordance with agency policy.
- Ensure that progress notes, FASP/service plans, case forms and monthly statistics are timely, complete, and in compliance with NAC and ACS requirements.
- Monitor and ensure staff training and development
- Participate as a team member in interdisciplinary team meetings and case conferences.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with ACS, referral sources, and community resources and providers.
- Participate in monthly clinical in-services and departmental meetings.
- Participate in weekly supervision sessions with the Assistant Director of Preventive Services.
- Participate in rotating departmental 24-hour on-call coverage and annual rotating agency Saturday coverage.
- Biannual audit preparation and response.
- Other duties as assigned.
- LMSW or LMHC from an accredited school required; LCSW strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Spanish is required.
- Supervisory experience with MSW level social workers and/or students.
- Prior experience in preventive services or child welfare is preferred.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent clinical skills.
- Experience working with special needs children a plus.
- Knowledge of city-wide community resources and housing and entitlement systems a plus.
- Self-awareness and motivation around team building.
How to Apply:
When applying, indicate “Bilingual Prevention Social Work Supervisor” in the subject line, and submit cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10010
To learn more about New Alternatives for Children, Inc., please visit our website: www.nackidscan.org
"WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY".
Sign up for Job Alerts
Administrative SupervisorSheltering Arms Children and Family ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 22
YOUTH SPECIALISTSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-HollisMar 21
PARENT ADVOCATESCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
CASE WORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Nassau-Sea CliffMar 21
FOSTER CARE CASEWORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
Social Worker SupervisorThe Jewish BoardBronx, New York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Licensed Social Worker - Bilingual (LMSW, LCSW)The Jewish BoardBronx, New York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Social Services Supervisors—CAMBA Homeless SheltersCAMBANew York, NY, United StatesMar 03
Clinician (Bilingual)The Children's VillageNew York, NY, United StatesMar 06
Clinic Registrar (Bilingual) – Comunilife Vida Guidance CenterComunilifeBronx, NY, United StatesMar 09