Director of Major Gifts
The Director of Major Gifts advances the mission of Citymeals on Wheels by increasing the level of involvement and philanthropic commitment. The Director of Major Gifts will be responsible for the planning and implementation of programs, projects, and activities designed to seek, receive and administer charitable contributions.
- Partners in the development of strategic plans and the establishment of goals and objectives for fundraising. Establishes financial goals and benchmarks and reports on progress to the Executive Director.
- Develops and monitors consistent mechanisms for reporting Major Gift Program results, producing reports for senior leadership and benchmarking both internally and externally.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Citymeals' major gifts program including:
- Design and implement a long-term major donor program
- Maintain a portfolio of 300+ major donor
- Refine and steward the leadership giving society
- Manage additional opportunities for donor cultivation and stewardship
- Manage planned giving outreach and booking
- Oversee prospect research plan
- Expand the number of individuals/families in the donor pipeline by researching potential donors, qualifying their capacity, and moving them through the cultivation to solicitation process.
- Manages the Major Gifts team and provides leadership and guidance to ensure their continued and increased success in supporting Citymeals’ programmatic priorities.
coordination with other leadership, work with the Citymeals Board of Directors
and Executive Director. Duties will
- Work one-on-one with board members to introduce new prospects to Citymeals through prospect research;
- Organize and manage moves of Board Members as it relates to the major gift pipeline;
- Write talking points for Board Member meetings, including donor solicitation and cultivation meetings;
- Assist in identifying new Citymeals board members.
- Develops and assists in the implementation of programs to solicit philanthropic support from corporate sponsors and foundations.
- Expertise in major gift fundraising methodologies and strong track record of securing gifts
- Strong written communication skills
- Public speaking ability
- Proven leadership abilities
- Knowledge of philanthropy landscape and trends
- Understanding of planned-giving modalities
- Excitement about the mission of Citymeals. Ability to succinctly articulate the Citymeals mission and the case for support in a clear and compelling manner.
- Self-motivated strategic thinker with a proven record working independently and achieving results.
- Successful experience working with high-level board members and institutional leaders.
- Ability to garner trust and confidence of senior staff, including program leaders, board members and donors.
- Polished professional presentation, excellent interpersonal skills, and strong organization and communication skills.
- Strong follow-through and attention to detail; proven ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure with competing priorities.
- BA/BS required.
- Minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of development/fundraising experience, with proven track record soliciting and closing gifts in the expected range from individuals. Three (3) or more years of experience managing staff.
- Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
- Equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Sign up for Job Alerts
Administrative SupervisorSheltering Arms Children and Family ServicesBronx, NY, United StatesMar 22
YOUTH SPECIALISTSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-HollisMar 21
PARENT ADVOCATESCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
CASE WORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Nassau-Sea CliffMar 21
FOSTER CARE CASEWORKERSCO Family of ServicesNew York-Queens-JamaicaMar 21
Major Gifts AssistantCitymeals on WheelsNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 21
Director of Quality AssuranceBirch Family ServicesNew York, NY, United StatesMar 20
Director of Residential Program ServicesUnited Cerebral Palsy of New York CityStaten Island, NY, United StatesFeb 24
DirectorThe Jewish BoardBrooklyn, NY, United StatesMar 03
Executive DirectorChild Welfare Organizing ProjectNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 28